artikleblak would like to wish Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. a very special 85th birthday, six days before the public swearing in of President Barack Obama’s second term.
Happy birthday Dr. King!
I wonder what King would say about America and the world if he was alive today? His vision for nonviolent resistance was inspired by his trip to Ghandi’s burial site in India in 1959 and it manifested into a global vision for all of humanity.
I THINK IT WOULD BE ALONG THE LINES OF:
1. America, today, is more racially fractured then ever. You hear it in the media. You hear in the rhetoric of the Tea Party. We must not let our political party differences keep our nation from moving forward. And when our differences are influenced by prejudice, don’t be alarmed because prejudice is a nasty virus that is indurated by ignorance.
2. We must not cut funding on public education. Our children are our future. This includes adding music and arts back into the classrooms.
3. Bring our troops in Afghanistan home and provide them proper government attention to replug into normal American society. And end the wars in the streets of Chicago and Oakland and other American cities which are recording gun deaths at a rate equal to or greater than some wars America has fought.
4. Watch out on what is going on with these drones. Soon they will be parolling our neighborhoods and infringing on our basic constitutional rights.
5. Have a national dialogue on American slavery. Django is not enough! And once the dialogue has terminated, come up with concrete solutions to those who are suffering for PSM (Post Slavery Mentality). As Randall Robinson says, I too believe there is a “Debt that is owed.”
6. Let the Tea Party know they can no longer hijack the Republican party. Acquire some balls and form their own party.
7. To the world’s industrial leaders. You are putting the environmental future of the planet in peril, thus us in peril with all this air pollution. Reduce the madness and find more green options.
8. Africa unite. Bring the raping of Mother Africa and the exportation of Her mineral wealth and the exploitation of Her people to cessation! Also, stomp out corruption, whether is leads to State house or Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja, Nigeria or to the front door of Mahlamba Ndlopfu in Pretoria, South African or wherever the wickedness of corruption leads.
9. REDUCE WORLD HUNGER. STOP AIDS. FREE CLEAN DRINKING WATER. END GREED.