Fredrick Harris being a Black scholar you should know the chances of President Obama “dissing” Black folks, as you quoted in your book, is ridiculous. Are you sure your book is non-fiction??!
I am simply going to list some things President Obama has done for the poor and Black communities in the past 3 and 1/2 years against a Republican machine that cock-blocks his every move.
It is probably to late to edit your book.
1. 11 million children with health care
2. Extended pell grants
3. Tax cuts from his American Recovery Act, the administration says, kept 1.6 million Americans out of poverty and gave relief to more than 100 million others. The stimulus measure also expanded the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which, despite increasing poverty, staved off a rise in child hunger.
4. Creating Pathways to Opportunity” claims that the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program, connecting families to supportive services like rental assistance and credit counseling, has averted or ended homelessness for more than 1 million Americans. And the administration’s $126 million Choice Neighborhood grant funds coordinated efforts to transform poor neighborhoods, including mixed-income housing, transit and job opportunities
5. “In the 21st century, one of the best anti-poverty programs is a world-class education,” Obama said in his 2010 State of the Union address. Calling for changes in public education, his $4.3 billion Race to the Top competition rewards states with funding if they present innovative plans for turning around their lowest-performing schools.
6. Tax cuts from his American Recovery Act, the administration says, kept 1.6 million Americans out of poverty and gave relief to more than 100 million others. The stimulus measure also expanded the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which, despite increasing poverty, staved off a rise in child hunger.
7. In June the Department of Labor announced $39.7 million in grants to help low-income noncustodial parents and ex-offenders gain job skills (and boost their employability) by placing them in temporary, paid work experiences. And the American Job Act’s infrastructure investment reserves $50 million for transportation-related job training for minorities, women and low-income workers.
AND I AM OUT OF SPACE.
SO THESE ARE “DISSES” PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS PROVIDED IN HIS 3 PLUS YEARS AGAINST THE REPUBLICANS WHO WANT HIM TO FAIL BE ANY MEANS NECESSARY.
President Obama took the oath as President of the United States of America and as far as I am concerned has held on to that oath.
It is lugubrious to think that not only is he up against the some in Republican party because of the color of his skin; he is also being dissed by a Black scholar trying to sell books.
We, as Black folks, need to reexamine ourselves and commit to our own oath to solve the immediate problems and long term problems of the African American and poor communities.