I forecast a very interesting funeral procession for the Iron Lady, Margaret Thatcher.
Next week should be quite a hoot.
The embedded Youtube video is from Brixton, South London, UK.
Brixton celebrates the death of Margaret Thatcher
French drive extremists out of Timbuktu and other parts of the Malian Country.
Vive La France!!!!!!!! They are yelling in the street of the ancient Malian city of Timbuktu and in other parts of Mali.
Where are the African forces? Where was ECOWAS? It is an organization of 15 African nations and their mission statement reads:
Its mission is to promote economic integration in “all fields of
economic activity, particularly industry, transport, telecommunications, energy, agriculture, natural resources, commerce, monetary and financial questions, social and cultural matters …..”
Isn’t the burning and destroying of Timbuktu ancient historical landmarks a cultural matter? Isn’t the implementation Sharia law a social matter?
The heads of ECOWAS in Abuja Nigeria need to get their resources amongst OTHER THINGS together!
If Africa is to be a world leader and possible the United States of Africa, then African nations MUST come to the aid of their own people.
Is great that France came the rescue of Mali. Yet this is a short-term solution.
African leaders must come together and come up with regional military strike forces to intervene with swift action to extremists, terrorists, natural disasters or whatever be the case.
I heard that the slow response from ECOWAS was due to assets being used to fight against Boko Haram in parts of Nigeria and that logistical it would take a number of months to deploy to Mali.
For the ancient African textbooks to be lost in some of the Timbuktu libraries is a huge blow to the historical achievements of the African scholars and people. It is an African tragedy and a loss to the world community.
How will the lyrics of Bob Marley’s Africa Unite ever come to fruition ?
“Unite for the benefit (Africa unite) for the benefit of your people!
Unite for it’s later (Africa unite) than you think!”
God bless the peoples of Africa and it’s vast Diaspora.
artikleblak would like to wish Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. a very special 85th birthday, six days before the public swearing in of President Barack Obama’s second term.
Happy birthday Dr. King!
I wonder what King would say about America and the world if he was alive today? His vision for nonviolent resistance was inspired by his trip to Ghandi’s burial site in India in 1959 and it manifested into a global vision for all of humanity.
I THINK IT WOULD BE ALONG THE LINES OF:
1. America, today, is more racially fractured then ever. You hear it in the media. You hear in the rhetoric of the Tea Party. We must not let our political party differences keep our nation from moving forward. And when our differences are influenced by prejudice, don’t be alarmed because prejudice is a nasty virus that is indurated by ignorance.
2. We must not cut funding on public education. Our children are our future. This includes adding music and arts back into the classrooms.
3. Bring our troops in Afghanistan home and provide them proper government attention to replug into normal American society. And end the wars in the streets of Chicago and Oakland and other American cities which are recording gun deaths at a rate equal to or greater than some wars America has fought.
4. Watch out on what is going on with these drones. Soon they will be parolling our neighborhoods and infringing on our basic constitutional rights.
5. Have a national dialogue on American slavery. Django is not enough! And once the dialogue has terminated, come up with concrete solutions to those who are suffering for PSM (Post Slavery Mentality). As Randall Robinson says, I too believe there is a “Debt that is owed.”
6. Let the Tea Party know they can no longer hijack the Republican party. Acquire some balls and form their own party.
7. To the world’s industrial leaders. You are putting the environmental future of the planet in peril, thus us in peril with all this air pollution. Reduce the madness and find more green options.
8. Africa unite. Bring the raping of Mother Africa and the exportation of Her mineral wealth and the exploitation of Her people to cessation! Also, stomp out corruption, whether is leads to State house or Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja, Nigeria or to the front door of Mahlamba Ndlopfu in Pretoria, South African or wherever the wickedness of corruption leads.
9. REDUCE WORLD HUNGER. STOP AIDS. FREE CLEAN DRINKING WATER. END GREED.
To the People of Ogoniland and all of Nigeria.
A Poem for my distant brothers and sisters.
Black gold liquid flows, turning green into black death.
Puts green into Black hands of greed & corporations outside the Naija nation.
Shell, Chevron and BP STOP the destruction and GREED!
Black smoke bellows upon tops of red, orange and yellow flames of fiery whilst THOSE without
go w/o and the fiery in their teary eyes tells the story.
THEY shout and scream and militants carry out raids
NOT on Entebbe, But on mechanical monsters of the seas
Standing firmly at sea while IT’S fangs pierce deep into the depths of Mother Nigeria sucking her dry.
One word: GREED!
artikeblak copyright 2012.
Foto: FOC KAN/GETTY Ampliar foto
Mbathio Beye was crowned the first Miss Black France on Saturday April 28th 2012 in Paris. Even though the pageant was supported by many there were some critics.
Mbathio is a 21 year old model and was born in the former French colony of Senegal. She currently resides in Paris and is pursuing her master’s degree in marketing.
Miss Black France pageant was promoted by Frederic Royer.
Mr. Royer idea for the pageant was to promote “Black beauty”. Royer said “The purpose of this beauty contest is to shine a light on the many black women in this country who are rarely given any media attention.” (Huffingtonpost.com)
However due to the climate in France’s current election, critics say a pageant that promotes Black beauty can be extremely divisive. Again, Royer disagrees and was said to have the full support of the French Representative Council of Black Associations ( CRAN).
Artikleblak believes that to promote Black beauty or any other ethnic group for that matter is a good thing, especially when we are not getting our just due in the media. There is nothing more important than to see positive and beautiful images of one’s reflection. Unfortunately, that simply isn’t the case. I am not saying I never see people of color on television, in magazines, in the movies or online. I am saying I don’t see enough. We seem to be sprinkled far and few between. Whether here in America or Europe or a vacation resort brochure from Puerto Rico, our reflections of beauty and positivity are few.
“It will be a long time before we gain all our rights; and although it may seem to conflict with our views of human brotherhood, we shall undoubtedly for many years be compelled to have institutions of a complexional character in order to attain this very idea of human brotherhood.”…Frederick Douglas 1848
So Artikleblak congratulates the first Miss Black France, Mbathio Beye. :)
Joseph Kony is ONLY one of the evil wicked branches on the tree.
Break him off and another branch will bear the evil fruit!
The root of the tree must be extracted from the ground!
My thoughts on Kony. Obviously Kony is a wicked man and needs to be brought to justice. However once he is brought to justice and his days are limited there will be another and another evil one to replace him.
AS LONG AS THESE GREEDY WESTERN COMPANIES continue to get their supplies (coltan, diamonds, gold, chocolate, etc, etc) from unchecked illegal sources CHILDREN WILL CONTINUE TO BE EXPLOITED AND ENSLAVED. GIVING US, YES US, YOU,ME, YOUR MAMA, MY DADDY THE LUXURY OF WALKING DOWN RODEO DRIVE, STOPPING INTO DE BEERS WHILE CHATTING ON A CELL PHONE AND EATING A PIECE OF CHOCOLATE!
Beware of fraudulent emails!!! These folks prey on innocent people in search of the next get rich scheme. If this ain’t 419 it’s the next best scam group.
3X Soul: Billie Holiday | Ella Fitzgerald | Amy Winehouse by artikleblak.